Friday, February 18, 2011

#23. Slacker-like Tendencies

I have decided that, when I grow up, I want to be a yogi. Or a super-fit-adorable-stay-at-home MILF who does yoga. Potato, potatoe.

Now I suppose in order to further myself towards this goal, I would actually have to start practicing yoga. I mean, I've done it. I could show you a pretty mean tree pose (I can seriously stand on that one foot forever or at least until my bad hip starts hurting), downward facing dog, cobra, all that jazz. But I can't seem to find the time to make it a regular part of my week, day or even month. And it's not for lack of trying (okay, maybe it is); I've given it the good ol' college try several times! Heck, for Christmas, I even bought Mr. Awesome his own boy-colored yoga mat and got us month-long passes to a studio up the street. We went faithfully 3 times and then it got to be too much. Too much for whom or of what, I cannot say. Somethings just are meant to be left unsaid. That's how it goes. 

So what was my point? Oh, yes, I want to be a yogi (slash SFASAHMILFWDY). So we are going to take baby steps towards this goal. It's actually easy to do because my company is OBSESSED with mindfulness, which I think has something or a lot of somethings to do with yoginess. Today, for instance, they encouraged me to do nothing for 2 minutes. Does your boss tell you to do that? It's pretty rad (although I think the non-spoken follow-up message is "then work furiously for the next 8 hours to make up for your slacker-like tendencies" of which I have a lot). But seriously, it's kinda awesome. 

Go HERE. Try it. You'll be so glad you did!

No comments:

Post a Comment