Wednesday, March 9, 2011

#33. Spring Break Trippin'


Today I woke up on time (almost!). To Mr. Awesome's spring break'ing self's delight, I didn't snooze once this morning. Not once! Who's Awesome now?

So let's talk about spring break. It sounds all sorts of fun, right? You think of beaches and lovely tans and maybe maaaaaaybe a corona or two? Just sayin'. Sometimes that break in spring gets craaaaaazy.

But not for the Awesomes in 2011. Nope, not at all. Oh, you want to know what's making this spring break so tame? Well, for starters, I am not on break. I am workin' 9 to 5 and then some. Boo that.

For seconds, it's rainy days in the 'frisco wonderland. Which I don't mind at all. We went on a crazy rain adventure walk this weekend and it was fantastic until the end when my feet didn't feel like walking anymore and we still had SO. FAR. TO. GO. It was a march to the death at the end I tell you and when I got home, I did not feel good even one little bit. (Don't despair; I'm feeling all kinds of better now). But regardless, rain does not conjure up images of a spring break gone right.

And thirdly, can you keep a secret? I'm sorry Mr. Awesome, but I have to share. Please forgive me. My wild partying fiance whom I love so much spent day one of said break.....cleaning the floors in our apartment! I mean, I can't say that I wasn't overcome with delight and renewed remembrance of how much I love him but don't you feel just a little bad for the guy? Just a little?

Well stop yourself right there!!! because we ARE taking a spring break trip believe you me! We are taking a long weekend and going toooooooooooooo.....Sioux City.

I know. Blows your socks right off, huh?

This was seriously a town pride campaign for awhile there. I can't even make stuff like this up. You're welcome.

No comments:

Post a Comment