Monday, February 7, 2011

#15. Sunday Bakery at Chez Trester

Head Chef moi
(minus the mustache plus some boobs and a waaaaaaaay cuter apron!)
What do you do when you're bored? If you're Mr. Awesome, you watch sports and play MarioKart (which, he claims, is also a sport. Uh huh...). If you're one fabulous Annabelle Williams soon-to-be Trester, you bake. 

(P.S. Mr. Awesome, upon reading this blog, thought that I should be referring to myself not as soon-to-be Trester, but soon-to-be Awesome. SOON-TO-BE?!?!? Oh, buddy....am I not already Awesome? Really? Yea...that's what I thought! Anyhoo, onwards & upwards...back to baking!)

The fruits of my labor yesterday were a GINORMOUS! bowl of puppy chow, couple dozen oatmeal chocolate chip with a few (just a few!) raisin cookies, and pumpkin spice muffins. Oh, and pomegranate guacamole, roasted cauliflour and turkey tenderloin because while I am an excellent baker, my chef'ing skills are pretty fab, too. And...we needed dinner.

But more important than recognizing my culinary achievements, I think I would like to take a moment of silence for the fallen soldiers of yesterday's battle in the kitchen:

1. half a bag of newly opened powered sugar
cause of death - accidental tippage into the sink and down the drain
means of proper burial - garbage disposal, which also shot back up half the sugar and into my hair. silver fox?  why yes I am!

2. a whole freakin' lot of peanut butter & chocolate melted deliciousness 
cause of death - burned solid into the stovetop while I was trying to understand W.T.H. was going on in the movie Rocknrolla...so confused STILL
means of proper burial - 30 mins with the not-so-nice side of a sponge

3. favorite green spatula from Williams-Sonoma
cause of (almost) death - impatience of one fabulous baker who didn't want to turn off the mixer while scraping the sides of the bowl
means of recovery - cutting off the plastic parts that started to shred so no one can tell means it never happened, right? right?

There are always a few casualties in any good battle, but we triumphed, oh yes. And ooooh victory tastes so sweet, it's true!

No comments:

Post a Comment