Friday, February 4, 2011

#12. Sunshine & Champagne

Oh, January. Forgive me for being rude, but I am not sad to see you go. February has arrived and it is BEAUTIFUL here in the City. Like 64 degrees beautiful. Like wow. And there is sunshine! Sunshine, for crying out loud, is there anything one could possibly love more than sunshine? I think not. So...hello, February.

February, you are my FAVORITE.

In the February sunshine, Bike & I took a ride. And saw this:


Sigh, I live in the best place on earth. 

While on our way home, we took a detour to ride along Ocean Beach. I sashayed my ponytail back and forth as I imagine all beach beauties would, narrowly missing an old man on a lowercase-b bike and a runner (oh I wanted to be that runner!), and then wound our way up and over and through Golden Gate Park where we were cheered on enthusiastically by another biker as I kick-pushed up the hills with all my might. He must've known I needed some encouragement for if no one were watching, I would've gotten off and walked. Yes, yes I would. No shame here, people!

As I sit here staring out my window at the glorious February sunshine, contemplating how exactly I can avoid the onslaught of emails from work or the impending research for my paper due Sunday (Sunday! ahh!) comes ping! and I am again reminded why I am the luckiest girl on earth:

Mr. Awesome: i thought maybe 4pm when i cruise back...alamo square
Mr. Awesome: hang out on a blanket
Mr. Awesome: get our relax on
Mr. Awesome: maybe bring some champagne or something and just chill

So champagne in the park on a glorious Friday afternoon? Why yes, yes I will.

Winter in California...so nice :)
Sorry east coasters...

Ed Bachrach  /  AP


No comments:

Post a Comment